Jun 27, 2011

Weekend in the Sun

Happy Monday!
Just thought I would do a quick post about our weekend and a few other blog-worthy things.
So remember how I told you we were going to be in Lake Powell all week this week?
Just kidding!
Too many people in my family couldn't go, so we cancelled our reservations and are planning it now for September.
I'm pretty bummed, I was so excited to get away for a full week with my boys but we improvised pretty well I think.
Jon took friday off (well actually he just didn't tell his work that we didn't go to Powell) so we got up and headed to Cherry HIll. 
I haven't been there since I was really little and we had a blast, especially Kale man.
That boy is a freaking fish.
It's so funny because last summer he did not like the water one bit and now this summer if there is water around we cannot keep him out of it. 
I love that Cherry Hill is very little kid friendly, there are the perfect size slides and pools for him and he just had the time of his life.
Having said that, I don't think that we will go again this summer (unless others are going)
because I think it's kind of ridiculous that we had to pay over 30 freaking dollars for me and Jon to get in when there is only two slides for adults. 
Don't get me wrong, I love that Kale had so much fun, but from now on we will just stick with the rec center.  
Friday night we rushed home, put Kale down for a quick nap and got ready then we went to Cars 2, which I must say was pretty dang good and Kale LOVED it (of course)
and my dad and Jon were just as giddy about seeing it as Kale was.
Saturday my parents got the boat out and we went down to Utah Lake. 
Normally Utah Lake is my least favorite lake to go to because the water just grosses me out, but this year it is full plus a foot so the silt doesn't get churned up from all the boasts which means clean(er) looking water which means I actually want to get in! yay! 
I was worried that Kale wouldn't like the water because last year he absolutely HATED it but he just jumped right in and had so much fun.
There are tons of tubing pics but I just had to share this one, this isn't from Saturday this was in Bear Lake, two years ago I think. Rachel is on the left, then Jon, and me on the right. I could not stop laughing when I saw this pic so I just had to share it.
 I still haven't found our camera charger... ugh
Hence why no pics from our weekend :(
Oh and one last thing, I got a job! I start tomorrow at the South Davis Community Hospital working on the second floor with patients with tracheotomy's. It's 2 days a week which is perfect and I am hoping that I will be able to move up to the third floor working with children. Anywho I'm pretty excited about it. 
That's about all for now, have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the job!!! Jeff absolutely loved working there. He misses all the people and patients. Its a great place to work, especially if you get to move to the 3rd floor!!

    ReplyDelete