May 16, 2011

Bob Harper's green health smoothie

Hello everyone,
It's been a while! (like a week) but it feels far too long. 
We have been super busy this past week, cleaning at the new house, and packing at ours.
To be honest I cannot believe that I am sitting here blogging when I should be upstairs packing my closet, so I will make it quick.
I saw this smoothie on Studio 5 a while ago and I've wanted to try it for a while now.
This drink is like a super drink, blueberries, spinach, and kale, which of course makes it awesome. 
I thought it was pretty yummy, let's be honest it's no Keva but for how much awesomeness is in it it's pretty great.
 1 cup fresh kale :)
1 cup frozen spinach
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 a banana
1/2 frozen pineapple
20 oz. water
Throw it all into a blender and enjoy.
Do yourself a favor and blend it very well. 
A few changes I made to ours is I didn't have any pineapple and so I put frozen mango's instead, I added 2 packets of truvia to sweeten it up a bit and two ice cubes.
Jon's comment on it was "next time I'll just go get some grass trimmings and eat that"
But let's be honest my sweet husband can be kind of an exaggerator at times, it really is pretty good.  
Want to know the best part?
Guess who was absolutely in love it
 He drank most of daddies.
There is also a version with supplements in it if you want that click here
I would definitely recommend trying it! If you do let me know what you think.
And guess what, I did this post in 13 minutes, so I don't feel to guilty about it. :)
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. My mom drinks this drink every morning and she swears by it-she loves it!

    ReplyDelete