Mar 28, 2011

Birthday Weekend Extravaganza

This past weekend was Jonathan's big 21 Birthday! Woohoo!
We started out the celebrating on Friday night and partied all the way through Sunday.
Friday: I went and got a few presents so that I could surprise Jon with a couple things that he didn't know he was getting. Then after he got home from the gym I took him on a surprise shopping trip, I think he was just as excited as I was and we had a lot of fun. 
We went to good ole' Kohl's. I love that place, it's always a hit or miss for me (most of the time a miss) but Jon always finds great stuff there. It was so nice to get him clothes, he was in desperate need of some. I haven't gotten him a Birthday present since we were 18, and not because I haven't wanted to/begged and pleaded to, he just wouldn't let me. I know what the heck right?
So after being at Kohl's for a very very long time we came home and went out to dinner to Pizza Factory :) mmmmm.. 
We met up with Feller, Ben, Brady and Brooke. It was really fun and of course delicious and full of carbs.
Then we headed back to our place and played games till 2 freaking a.m. it was really fun.
Saturday: We woke up and had a big breakfast then we took Kale man up to my mom's and went to a movie. It was SO nice to go to a movie, I'm not going to lie, I miss going to movies all the time. We saw Limitless which I would highly recommend, it was freaking awesome. 
Then we walked around Gateway for quite a while which also was so nice, even though it was freezing and neither of us geniuses had a jacket with us. We were so close to buying some Jelly Fish shirts at Hot Topic, Jon got a picture of me holding one up on his phone, I'll have to share it with you sometime, I'm really regretting not buying them. 
That night we went to dinner with Brady, Brooke, Karin and Ben at Salt City Burger Co. I'd never been there before, it's really yummy and we were all stuffed to the rafters. 
Then we all went to my parents house while they were at the Jazz game and played ping pong. Ash, Fell, Ben, and Topher met us up there too, and Kale man got to play with Londy.
After that we went and got lot's of treats at Smith's and went and played games at our place till 2 a.m. again, it was a really great night.
Sunday: We didn't make it to our 11 o'clock church, we didn't even open our eyes till after 11 because of the past 2 a.m. nights. So, the Birthday boy requested his favorite breakfast, cream eggs on toast to which I happily obliged.
Then we didn't do anything for most of the day, just watched a movie, it was great. That night we went to Jon's parents for a minute to say hi and check out there basement they're re-doing. Then we headed up to my mom's for dinner.
My entire family on my mom's side was there and it was a lot of fun, we haven't all been together in a long time. We played more ping pong and opened presents and ate way to much cake. 
I have to tell you all that I am a failure at life and I didn't take a SINGLE picture of the entire weekend! So much for my new years resolution. I did get some of Jon opening present's on my mom's camera that I will share as soon as I can. I'm so mad at myself.
Anyways, I really hope he had a great Birthday weekend! I know me and Kale man had fun hanging out with him all weekend. Happy Birthday sweetie, I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Ah haha... We didn't go to church either! ours is at 11 too and we were so toast and totally just lounged around all day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we were zombies for most of the day. I'm just grateful Kale slept in that late too, he never sleeps past nine.. I guess he just knew we needed sleep

    ReplyDelete