Mar 18, 2012

Micah Reed Ferguson

He's here!
Prepare yourself for a very long post all about my little prince.
Wednesday the 7th me and my mom went shopping to pick out the ribbon for the bassinet Micah would be sleeping in next to our bed for the first little while and to find fabric for his baby blanket.
Talk about last minute I know.
Wednesday night at 5 out of no where I started getting contractions consistently about 3-5 minutes apart.
I had been having contractions for days but nothing consistent whatsoever.
Around 6:30 I called my doctor to see what they wanted me to do cause they were now every 2-4 minutes apart and definitely getting stronger.
They told me to give it another hour and if they were still coming consistently to come in to the hospital.
At this point Jon was bouncing off the walls with excitement and starting to get everything ready to go.
I was still in denial that I was in labor, it just didn't seem real, I had wanted it so badly and I just didn't believe that it was going to happen.
So an hour later we were ready to go and headed up to my parents house to drop off Kale man.
 The last picture of just us three, dropping off Kale at grandma's.
We got to the hospital around 8, I got my sexy gown on and got all hooked up to monitor contractions and baby.
 My nurse checked me and I was dilated to a 3 and 70% effaced.
She said that if I didn't make any progress in 2 hours that they would send me home because I wasn't in active labor.
When she told me this I wanted to cry and punch her in the face at the same time.
I knew that if I went home I would be back in a matter of hours cause my contractions were just getting worse and worse.
So I asked her if I were sent home, how would I know when to come back in?
She told me that my contractions would get so bad that I wouldn't be able to move or think about anything else and would be balling my eyes out writhing in pain.
Ya... Let's go home for that.
So two hours later, surprise surprise, I hadn't progressed.
I almost started crying right then and there.
For some reason the nurse said she'd give me another hour to see if anything happened and we would go from there.
An hour later she checked me and I was at a 4 1/2 and 80% effaced.
So now it was for sure that I was staying the night and we were going to have a baby!
Then the evil nurse told me the great news.
She said that since my doctor wasn't the on call doctor for the night, they weren't going to do anything for pain management till morning when they could talk to my doctor and see what she wanted to do...
In other words I would be doing labor all night without my epidural, and my contractions were continuously getting worse and worse.
Here's the thing. This nurse was of the devil. I seriously felt like the entire time she was getting a kick out of watching me writhe in pain, and Jon said the same thing too.
I wish I would have yelled at her and said "hey devil woman, the reason for an on call doctor is so that you can call them and get the ok from them! You don't need to talk to my doctor!"
Long story short that night was awful.
Remember how she told me I would be writhing in pain and balling my eyes out. 
Yep, I was.
 So finally at 6 a.m. and dilated to an 8, the devil woman talked to my doctor and she called in for my epidural.
I got my epidural around 6:30 and boy was I happy.
It was perfect, I was just numb enough that I couldn't really feel the contractions but I could still move everything, and with Kale I couldn't move one bit and I hated it.
I was one happy momma.
And on another good note at 7 a.m. devil nurses shift was over!
I was sooo happy that that woman wouldn't be there to help deliver me.
My doctor got to the hospital around 7:30, they got everything all set up and ready to go.
I pushed for maybe 7 minutes and he was out.
Micah Reed was born at 7:52 a.m. he weighed 6lbs 6oz and was 19in long.
We want all our kids names to have some significance in them, Jon's middle name is Thomas, so that's where Kale Thomas comes from.
My dad's name is Reed, so that's where Micah Reed comes from.
The first thing that came out of both mine and Jon's mouth when we saw him was "oh my gosh he looks just like his brother"
It was such a perfect and amazing delivery.
I was balling uncontrollably as soon as he came out.
I absolutely loved Salt Lake Regional Hospital, everyone except for the one evil nurse was absolutely fabulous and it was so nice to deliver at a quieter hospital.
We left the hospital Saturday and it has been so nice to be home.
When we left Micah weighed 5lbs 12oz, I'm really interested to see what he will weigh at his doctors appointment this week.
I just can't get enough of Micah, he has changed so much already and the newborn stage goes by so quickly I'm trying to soak up every second of it.
I can't even begin to tell you how amazing Jon has been through all of this. 
He seriously has been super dad/husband, I don't know what I would do without him.
Kale is super good with Micah, he's always kissing him and giving him loves, it melts my heart.
I have sooo much more I want to post and talk about, that I will try to get to soon.
Now prepare yourself for an onslaught of photos.
 Daddy's first time holding Micah.
  My awesome nurse that helped deliver Micah
Kale's first time holding Micah
 Kale did this all on his own, it was so sweet
Love my boys
First family photo
 His going home outfit, the shirt says Little Brother
 Love him.
Sooooo much.
Till next time.


  1. Oh Em he is so cute! That last picture just melts my heart! Glad to hear everything went well, minus the evil nurse!

  2. Okay Em, way to have super model while having a baby! You looked amazing. You have the cutest family. I love his name and he is darling!

  3. **oops, I meant super model hair. :)

  4. He is such a handsome little thing. You have such an adorable little family. You make me anxious to start my own. I'm so happy you and the baby are doing well. The picture of Kale cuddling up to his baby brother is priceless.

  5. So cute Em! Congrats love! So I know this seems really silly and insignificant but as a health care provider and hearing about that mean nurse I wanted to punch her for you. I seriously would make a comment about her to a supervisor or in some review if the hospital asks you to review your experience. Don't leave anything out. Those kind of people shouldn't be working with such sensitive cases and because it meant you were in endless pain for hours about a ridiculous thing I really do thing you should at least mention something. It may be that you're mentioning it makes it so that she is given a warning and won't be mean to other monthers in the future. Seriously Em, say something. You won't get in trouble and it will merely make them change which is what sounds like needs to happen. So happy for you dear! Congrats again.

  6. I 100% agree with chels. How in the world do you still look like a super model before, during, and after labor?! No wonder your kids are so freaking cute, they have a freaking gorgeous momma (not to mention their dad...). ;) Congrats, we are so happy for you FOUR! :)

  7. Emily oh my word! He is adorable, just perfect. I am so happy for you guys, what a darling little family you have!!

  8. Look at all that hair!!! He's adorable! Congrats!

  9. Oh I just love him! And can't wait to see you guys again! You're kids are so cute, which isn't surprising AT all, hello. Look at the parents! Hope everything is still going great! Love you!
    ps- I agree with Melissa. You should totally do a review and mention how you were treated.

  10. He is so cute, i know everyone has already said that but i dont think anyone can it enough! You and jon are amazing and your kids are adorable! Congrats!