Aug 8, 2011

the best thing ever

 Like everyone said he would, Kale one day just started talking.
I was so stressed about him not talking, I should have known he would do it on his own time, just like he has with every single other milestone.
So you want to know the best thing ever?
When I whisper 
"I love you"
like I do every night as I'm tucking him into bed, and he whispers back
"love you mom"
Best thing ever.
Nothing melts your heart more than hearing those words from your sweet little one for the first time. 
I may have even shed a few tears.
I am so grateful for my sweet little man, I don't know what I would do without him.
My mother in law gave me a quote on a ceramic tile for Christmas, that I love so much 
It says:
"While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about"

Nothing is truer, and any parent would agree with me.
I love you Kale man.

1 comment:

  1. This makes me even more baby hungry than I already am! AH!

    ReplyDelete